Friday, June 24, 2011

Picking the Right Photographer and Printing Service, Destination Weddings

 

Ok so you have spent a lot of time researching photographers, meeting photographers and back to researching photographers. You finally found a photographer you like and then you make the decision to book them. They offer a DVD of all images and that is just what you want, or is it. Yes its great to have the images so you can post on the internet and FB but if you want them only to do your own printing because its cheaper here is something to consider.

As a professional photographer I have specially calibrated my computer and monitors to match my labs printers. What I see on my monitor assures how the prints will look when I get them back from the lab. As you can see in the image below the difference from one photo kiosk to another can really make your images look bad! Not only are the skin tones off, but look at the back ground wallpaper. Something to also consider is that most photographers have a lab of choice they work with and because of that relationship they have gained a trust in the products and print quality.

I do offer the DVD or CD of images but highly recommend that any prints should be purchased through our studio for the highest quality available. The choice is always up to the client and how they feel about getting the best quality for the money or the most photos for the money. 

I can’t speak for other photographers but there certainly is a reason why quality cost more. I thought this post would be of interest to some, so please enjoy   

 

kiosk printing and photography