Saturday, August 8, 2009

A day in Ohio












Wow has it really been a week already?! Time sure flies once you get home and back at the old grind stone. The Trip to Northern Kentucky and Ohio turned out to be an exciting trip. Many new friends were made and stories told. I wanted to share a couple of images that I took while in Ohio on Friday July 31st. The first few images are of the Cincinnati Museum at Union Terminal. It is of my understanding that at the height of WWII that 40 thousand soldiers a day came through here. It was the busiest terminal in the states I was told. Now a great museum with a great history.
I also thought the old brick street was interesting since you just don't see them anymore. By the looks of the neighbor hood I don't think many live there either. I can see traces of asphalt, makes you think that they just asphalted over the bricks way back when.

The image above of the park like setting was taken at the Historic Spring Grove Cemetery. This is a Cemetery like no other. Second in size only to Arlington National Cemetery. The size was really to much to see even in one day. With monuments of old and Civil War sections you could get lost in here for a week. Being I'm from California I was surprised to here that at this Cemetery they have a camping area for kids clubs. They even hold Weddings and parties, yes I said weddings at a Cemetery. This has got to be one of the most beautiful park like settings I have ever seen. From the rolling hills and lush greenery to all the monument like the one I included a picture of. if you are ever in the Cincinnati Ohio area this is worth the half day excursion. Just be sure to stop at the front and get your map, otherwise you may never make it out alive....