Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kayla’s High School Senior Photos, Capturing California Gold

california gold, senior photography high school senior barn shoot, Visalia golden West high school senior   senior collage senior shoot collage sunset senior session

Kayla ended up with to many awesome images. It was some tough decisions on her and her Mom. But after all was said and done I think these pictures will represent Kayla well for the rest of her life. The last set of real honest to goodness pictures before leaving for college and starting her own life. I had a blast shooting these.

When I arrived for the shoot it looked as though God himself was going to open the heavens and let all the water fall. Though it was ominous looking I had about 5 mins to scout the area and set up in case the rains started. I had never been here before and had no idea what to expect. Ooh, and did I mention the wind was crazy and blowing everything over.  We started shooting and half way through the rain did in fact start.  So we had to grab the gear and run for the barn and take a time out and wait it out for about 20 mins. We went back outside to do the railroad track shots my helper Stacy (Kayla’s Mom) turned her back for only a moment and the wind blew over the lights she was supposed to be holding. Well I give her credit, she caught the lights about 5 inches from the ground. Hey what a save, thank goodness. Pete Rose would of been proud of that diving catch      ;-)  ooh yeah not to many remember him if you do than well your getting old too.  When we shot the images in the weeds the sun had just come out of the clouds low on the horizon to the west getting ready for a sunset. The golden light that hit Kayla was just fantastic. As soon as the light hit her I knew I was capturing California gold.

We had almost cancelled the shoot due to the weather that day. 3 times it was on and off again. I am glad I took the chance on the weather holding out. I really think all that mother nature had in that day helped create some really stunning photos for Kayla to look back on 25 years from now.